September 10, 2005

Cast-Rite Cook Ware

A late 1920's brochure from Cast-Rite Cook Ware of Chicago, Illinois shows some of the kitchen utensils the company produced. If you collect this brand of cook ware, the list below may come in handy:

  • Preserving Kettle

  • Pie Rack

  • Reversible Griddle-Broiler

  • Dutch Oven

  • 2-Quart Sauce Pan

  • 3-Quart Sauce Pan

  • 4-Quart Sauce Pan

  • Casserole

  • Oval Roaster (Single or Double)

  • Tea Pot

  • Beverage Urn

  • 6-Inch Fry Pan

  • 8-Inch Fry Pan

  • 10-Inch Fry Pan

  • Custard Cups

  • Gas Waffle Mould

  • Electric Waffle Mould

  • Double Fry Pan

  • Triplicate Set

  • Tea Kettle

  • Turkey Roaster



Dr. Arnold H. Kegel is named as the Chicago Commissioner of Health, which helps date the brochure. According to the testimonials printed on the rear page, both from Cast-Rite users and Dr. Kegel, the health benefits of cooking with these utensils was nothing short of miraculous.

"Cast-Rite Cooking Cooking Builds the Fence - Guarantees Health and Happiness for All"

"Better a Fence at the Top of the Cliff Than An Ambulance Down At the Bottom"

7 Comments:

At 3:20 PM CST, Blogger Michael J. said...

I just love the oval roaster!

 
At 4:50 PM CST, Blogger Kathy said...

Michael - I have a friend who used her roaster to make large batches of cabbage rolls.

 
At 8:45 PM CDT, Blogger Another Chance Christ Ministries said...

I have a coffee/tea kettle, not s basket with holes and lid. Doesn't appear to ever have had a tube like a peculator. Did you just pour hot water over the grounds?

 
At 5:15 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a large Cast-Rite Ware pot that was my Mothers. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is supposed to be treated with oil rather than washed, similar to Cast Iron cookware?

 
At 11:45 AM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found, what I believe is, a Cast-Rite Oval Roaster Double, in excellent condidtion. I love to cook but have never seen or used anything like this before. I came across your site & thought you might be able to help. How and what does one cook with this pot? Were there anycook books made by or for cast-rite cook ware? Thanks for suggestions you have. Jennifer

 
At 2:12 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a dutch oven that I use to make tsimmes (shredded carrots,sweet potatoes, meat and a dumpling). However, I recently overcooked it and am now having trouble cleaning my pot.
Does anyone have any suggestions on cleaning Cast-Rite Cook Ware?

 
At 11:42 PM CDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought a Cast-rite pan at a garage sale. I have been trying to find information about this type of pan and about the company who made it. I am interested in knowing how old it is, also.
Katrina G.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home