October 04, 2005

Easy Home Cooking Sample Copy

I acquired a set of three hardcover Campbell's Soup Cookbooks, and inside one of them was a card to send off for a free copy of Easy Home Cooking Magazine. So naturally, I did.

It came today, the October/November 2005 issue, and it features Thanksgiving cooking. Lots of turkey, cranberry, pumpkin and sweet potato recipes, plus a special section with Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk recipes.

Tonight, two recipes look particularly good to me: one for Pumpkin Creme Brulee and one for Pork Roast with Dried Cranberries and Apricots.

I've cooked a lot of pork roasts the last few months. Don't know why, as I went years without ever cooking one before. Seasoned up Mexican-style with cumin and garlic, the ground or shredded pork makes great tacos. Come to think of it, the meat would be good in flautas too.

I noticed in the front of the book, in a section called "Ask Emma", that they welcome questions and comments. It says that if they publish your letter then they'll send you a free cookbook. Sounds good to me.

If you have a question for Emma, with the hopes of getting that free cookbook, you should write:

"Ask Emma"
Easy Home Cooking
Publications Interntional, Ltd.
7373 North Cicero Blvd.
Lincolnwood, IL 60712

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home