October 29, 2005

Jell-O Kids Recipe Booklet


There have always been regular children's cookbooks with simple recipes designed for young cooks. There are also advertising cookbooks with recipes designed to win the attention of children.

Jell-O Kids Cooking Fun was a full size spiral-bound cookbook (96 pages) published by Publications International in 1993. The cookbook had easy-to-follow recipes with illustrated, step-by-step instructions.

A smaller recipe booklet, also called Jell-O Kids Cooking for Fun (16 pages) was published in 1992. This booklet was free with the purchase of Jell-O Gelatin or Jell-O Instant Pudding.

Inside the booklet were the details of how to acquire the full-size edition by mail. It also included six recipes that kids could have fun making along with Mom:

  • Funny Face Desserts

  • Jigglers

  • Jigglers, Creamy Style

  • Dirt Cups

  • Buried Treasures

  • Pudding Poke Cake
Many of the brand name food websites have a section with recipes and activities that are developed to include children in cooking. Children are the future consumers of the food companies, and even at a young age, influence much of what is purchased.

    3 Comments:

    At 5:36 PM CDT, Blogger Unknown said...

    Kathy, I have been on line looking for these same cookbooks. I use to buy them for my grown children, for my grandchildren. I have not much left and looking to see if they are here. Since Kraft merged with someone else....I guess they don't make them anymore.

     
    At 5:24 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am looking to buy the Let's cook Italian with Hunt's Tomato Paste mini booklet that you have blogged about.....My 76 Year old Mom has alzeimers and she is wanting this booklet that she gave away many years a go and now wants one like it. I am glad that she is fixated on this kind of thing but I can't find one for her....any idea where I can get one? or even a photocopy? Lynne

     
    At 9:54 AM CST, Blogger Kathy said...

    Lynne - I don't seem to have a copy of this booklet right now, but I would suggest looking on
    Ebay. As I write, there are two auctions with the booklet included as part of larger lots. Use advanced search and the keywords "Let's cook Italian Hunt's" (don't use the quotation marks). Make sure you check the box to search title AND description. If those are gone before you see this, just keep looking every day. You might also check on Etsy, as they have sold some copies in the recent past. Good luck, I hope you find it for your Mom.

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home