October 14, 2005

Minneapolis Travel Plans

Looks like I may get a chance to visit Minneapolis (once known as flour capital of the world) at the beginning of November. Just for a few days, but I'm well-known for cramming a lot of activity into a short amount of time. When it comes to travel anyway.

Minnesota is a long way from Texas and I've only been up there once before. It was the tail end of winter and I spent most of the time checking out the used bookstores.

I've been wanting to go back so I could visit the Mill City Museum. The museum has only been open a couple of years and the project wasn't yet completed when I was there before. It's built within the remains of the Washburn A Mill, the large mill that was once owned by the Washburn Crosby Company (which was later General Mills). Looks like a great place to soak up some history about the flour milling industry.

I'll probably also check out a Byerly's or two and see with my own eyes this famed grocery store that has carpeted floors. We'll see how it measures up against my other favorite supermarkets around the country.

I'm sure I'll find other things to see and do that are somehow related to food. Unfortunately I didn't find out about the possibility of this trip until it was too late to sign up for the Betty Crocker Kitchens Holiday Open House.
That's kind of a disappointment, but maybe next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home