June 23, 2008

Tropical Drinks

After I did the luau post, I came across another little recipe booklet on the shelf quite near the original one. Taking into consideration how I bring home, store, and process these cookbooks, it's likely that Exotic Libations (undated, 12 pages) also originally belonged to the same person who owned yesterday's book. Most of the time I can remember exactly where I got which books, but the origins of these two escape me at this hour of the morning.

This booklet is from the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel on the Island of Hawaii and it's so pretty that I couldn't resist adding it on to the tail end of the luau post. And maybe Rochelle, who writes that her family throws a luau every year, will find it useful.

It contains beautiful photography--the cocktails almost come to life on the pages, and it's printed on stiff, glossy paper. The size (3-1/2 x 6-inches) is just perfect for tucking into a bag or suitcase to take home as a little souvenir of a Hawaiian vacation. I'm glad someone did, so I could add it to my collection.

There are seven recipes, five of which I've shown below. Click on the photos to view the enlarged versions and you can see the recipes quite clearly.





2 Comments:

At 4:06 AM CDT, Blogger Rochelle R. said...

Wow what beautiful photos! My husband collects Mai Tai recipes. He is dreaming about writing a book about them someday. I don't know how he could find that much to say about them but it's his book not mine.:) He had me copy the recipe. Thanks

 
At 8:21 AM CDT, Blogger Kathy said...

Rochelle - Maybe he can let the photos do the talking like they did in this booklet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home